By now most of you will have read the email from PPS letting us know that Principal Rebecca Torres intends to resign at the end of the school year.
Given that news, the Parent-Teacher Association has several questions about how a new principal will be chosen, including:
- What is the PPS process for identifying and hiring the new Rieke principal?
- What role will the Rieke community have in the process in the hiring of the new principal?
We want your questions and comments
The PTA board encourages parents, PPS staff, and members of the community to submit your thoughts on what we as a community want to ask of - and offer - a new principal, and how, together, we can strengthen the Rieke community given all that has occurred in recent months. Please provide input!
Submit comments three ways:
- Stop by the PTA table and give us your comments in person, at late-start drop off this Wednesday, March 16 and pickup this Friday, March 18.
- We've set up an anonymous comment form.
- This will be our main topic at a meeting for all Rieke community members on Tuesday, April 5 (location TBD).