Top 5 ways to be involved
PPS and its Boundary Review Advisory Committee (DBRAC) are reviewing school boundaries to alleviate overcrowding at some schools. Rieke is very likely to see some change to its boundaries as early as Fall 2016, and it's possible current students will not be grandfathered in.
What can you do about it? Lots!
1. Take the survey that went out this morning to help the Rieke community create a clear list of priorities to advocate for.
2. Come to Wilson High tonight from 6-8 p.m. for the PPS community meeting, to show solidarity and hear the most recent news on the issue. (Wear a white t-shirt or a We Walk to Rieke t-shirt if you can.)
3. At the meeting tonight, fill out a comment card to show the DBRAC committee and PPS that Rieke families are engaged and committed to our school. Volume matters!
4. Send an email to PPS with your feedback.
5. Learn more about the issue. Read the email update from PPS that went out last Friday night, visit the Rieke PTA website and the We Walk for Rieke Facebook page.