The PTA is only as strong as those who help lead its mission and help by volunteering to make Rieke great!
We have a few open co-chair positions and tons of fun volunteering opportunities throughout the year.
Open PTA positions:
(6-10 hours per month, varies ongoing)
• Serve as a year-round lead on PTA communications to Rieke community through website, email and Rapper
• Collaborate with the Co-Presidents on communications calendar and best methods for distribution monthly
• Coordinate with web-master to prepare posts and update to website
• Coordinate PTA messages for the Rapper with front office staff
• Maintain a database of communication contacts emails and passwords/logins
• Contribute to our social media channel on Facebook and monitor our community and fellow schools for positive and negative engagement
Health and Emergency Preparedness Co-Chairs
(Time Commitment: about 10-20 hours a year)
• Ensure that each classroom has updated disaster plan and supplies.
• Coordinate emergency situation drills quarterly and family reunion contact plan
• Research and schedule guest speakers during the year to address nutrition, exercise, safety, etc.
• Coordinate with Principal and teachers to schedule guest speakers for classroom or community presentations
Note: As this is an IMPORTANT new position, someone in this role with time, interest, and resources can be as innovative as they wish in promoting health and emergency preparedness among students and families.